What temperature do you cook a turkey

what temperature do you cook a turkey: It's time again for Thanksgiving. Time for those of us who have the responsibility of preparing dinner to start planning and shopping in preparation for what is one to two days in the kitchen , sometimes intense.

There was a time when I was terrified of cooking Thanksgiving dinner , no more . Since I cooked three meals Thanksgiving now, I've learned a lot. My knowledge came through the search for information and my own experiences what temperature do you cook a turkey. Now I can honestly say I 'm looking forward to cooking Thanksgiving for my family.

My first Thanksgiving dinner was very good. In fact, it was better than I expected . However, when it came to the table, which was a bit nervous wreck and could barely eat what temperature do you cook a turkey. It was the first time in over 20 years I've cooked a turkey, and when I did my first cook, she had a boyfriend of the mother and then the phone almost all the time.

So what I've learned about cooking the Thanksgiving turkey ? Well, my number one tip is not to cook more than you need what temperature do you cook a turkey. Experts suggest that you cook a turkey on the basis of the number of people it serves and managed based on 1 1/2 pounds per person. You probably need less because I cook a delicious pineapple glazed ham . My first Thanksgiving with my husband insisted I cook a turkey 18 pounds because his mother. I knew it would be too big for just eight of us , and I was right what temperature do you cook a turkey. There was plenty left over that was ridiculous, and as I have an old oven , it was a little crowded in the oven. I cook a turkey 10 to 12 pounds now and there are a lot of people and a lot of leftovers, but not much what temperature do you cook a turkey.

Another thing I learned is that to be sure of a moist turkey, should be drunk . Almost no matter what, but it should be drunk . I am a very simple, fill the turkey inside what temperature do you cook a turkey. I do it because the cooked stuffing out very moist and my family prefers the sage sausage and apple filling and I do cook on the side. If you decide to make a stuffing inside the turkey you have to do 1/ 2 cup and 3/ 4 cup stuffing per pound, but do not overfill the cavity what temperature do you cook a turkey. You can also fill the cavity with fresh oranges , lemons , celery , onion , garlic . etc.

My stepmother asked my first Thanksgiving as I got the turkey to brown. Simple . I used butter and olive oil what temperature do you cook a turkey. I made a mixture of olive oil, softened unsalted butter , rosemary , sage , salt and pepper. I rubbed liberally under the skin and on the skin .

After all the hard work you want to make sure the turkey is cooked and that leaves a bit of time to let it rest after removing from the oven what temperature do you cook a turkey. Follow the instructions that come with the turkey and make sure the thigh temperature registers 175 degrees and stuffing 160-165 degrees. You'll want to let stand 20 to 30 minutes , with stuffing inside before cutting what temperature do you cook a turkey.

With a bit of useful information discovered in advance, and a line of cooking time to help you plan your day , cooking your Thanksgiving dinner can be a pleasant experience what temperature do you cook a turkey.